Laser for Vein Removal
Spider veins are a skin condition that is often referred to as broken capillaries and blood vessels. Broken capillaries on the face and body can be effectively treated with the use of medical grade laser. The way it works is the light from the laser targets the blood vessels and coagulates the blood vessels. This ultimately makes the blood vessels irreparable, leading to the body breaking them down and scattering them throughout the lymphatic system. The laser treatment is usually quick and highly effective- usually yielding permanent results in the two weeks following treatment. In some cases multiple treatments may be needed.
- Avoid sun exposure/ fake tan and solarium use for 2 weeks prior to appointment
- Avoid the use of active skincare such as retinol and scrubs for 3 days prior to appointment
- Avoid sun exposure for 2 weeks post treatment making sure to protect the skin via vigorous sunscreen use
- Apply laser aid liberally for twice daily for 5 days post treatment,
- Avoid the use of active skin care post treatment for 5 days, a gentler skin routine for this period is strongly encouraged and after 5 days you may resume active skin care and exfoliate.