Your skin immediately following the peel might appear to be red and feel a little warm, this can last for a few hours before settling down.
A Jessner peel is a highly effective medium depth chemical peel. A Jessner peel combines lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol to exfoliate the skin and penetrate deeper into the skin’s layers. This chemical peel can help to not only reduce acne, but also reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation (Including in treatment of melisma), resulting in clearer skin with a more even skin tone. This multi purpose peel can be applied to not only the face but also to other areas of the body.
Your skin immediately following the peel might appear to be red and feel a little warm, this can last for a few hours before settling down. In the days following the treatment, some dryness and flaking/peeling of the skin can occur, this is quite normal and to be expected before the skin settles down to appear fresher and clearer. Breakouts after a peel are normal and to be expected, these breakouts will resolve on their own quite quickly and occur due to the resurfacing nature of the treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure, applying fake tan or solarium use for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid waxing, Laser/IPL or depilatory creams in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid injectable treatments 2-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid other skin treatments such as Laser, IPL, skin needling, for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment
- People who are prone to cold sores are encouraged to take anti-viral medication 2-3 days prior to treatment to prevent a flare up.
- Prepping of your skin on active skincare products for 2 weeks prior to treatment is essential and non negotiable .
- Avoid picking, peeling, or rubbing your skin post treatment
- Avoid sun exposure – Completely avoid the sun until your skin is fully healed, and use proper sun-protective clothing and sunscreen (we recommend the skinsititut age defense 50+)
- Avoid the use of active products such as retinol and scrubs for 5 days post treatment whilst the skin is still healing.
- Avoid swimming activities, exercise, saunas, steam rooms or any activity that could heat the skin for 2-3 days post treatment
- Avoid coloring your hair for 1-2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid having other skin treatments such as microdermabrasion, laser, skin needling etc. for 2-4 weeks post treatment